Two Hokies and a Poodle

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Our West Coast Family...in the real OC

Though we moved 2600+ miles away from some of our family, we moved 2500 miles closer to more! It’s nice to have family here, as we can go and visit them and feel like we are still at home. A few weeks ago (I know…we are super behind on the blog), my Uncle Tim was out in California for work, and he was driving down to see Uncle Phill and Aunt Phyllis, so he called and invited us along. It was like going back to into my childhood, as we always did things with Uncle Phill and Aunt Phyllis when we lived in California. In fact, they were some of the only family we ever saw, so it was awesome! Uncle Phill was always so fun, and he always had the coolest toys for us to play with, and Aunt Phyllis was always so sweet. And when we moved to Virginia, they would send us avocadoes from their avocado tree for us to enjoy, and sometimes Spanky would get a note in the mail too. Plus we both love to take pictures, so it’s always a good time! It was great seeing Uncle Tim and I only wish we got to see him longer. He is always randomly all over the country or the world working for the air force, so we get to see him sporadically. We met at Shelley and Claire’s house, my dad’s cousins, though I just refer to them as my cousins too. James had never met these relatives, and they filled him in on some of my childhood moments, like when I was Betsy Ross on the float we made for their 4th of July neighborhood parade. Their daughter Kari is so adorable, as was her little friend, and Kari brought out the teddy bear I gave her for her baby shower or her 1st birthday. We couldn’t remember, but I thought it was just sooo sweet! She is an exceptional water skier, and I can’t wait to see her ski! It also happened to be Claire’s birthday, so we celebrated in style with some wine and cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Orange County was in every way the opposite of Orange County VA. If you can fight the traffic to get there, the place seems great! Can't beat the weather.