Two Hokies and a Poodle

Thursday, August 07, 2008

OMG…John Mayer!

Yay for friends from Virginia visiting California!! I think we are going to see more people living in California than we did in Virginia. *Hint* *Hint* Come out and visit us! We have an open invitation to enjoy California awesomeness! But yeah…seriously…come and visit us. Jessica is a friend from the 757 that I used to work with at Hallmark, and she is on tour with John Mayer this summer. Last summer, she was on tour with Bob Dylan, who by the way had an amazing performance in Sam Peckinpah’s “Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid.” If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it! Pat Garret & Billy the Kid Anyways, I digress. Jessica got us sweet tickets in the orchestra and took us for a backstage tour at the John Mayer concert. As we were walking backstage, John Mayer walked right by us, and Jessica just had hi, as all the women at the gate were screaming like crazy. We heard him order his alcoholic beverage of choice before he went on stage. It was awesome. James was like…who? But I was super excited! Jessica is so cute…she showed us her bus, which was awesome, and laughed at me as I took a picture of her in her bunk! Apparently she was on the worst bus, but it seemed pretty nice to me. We didn’t get to see her very much, as she was busy catering, and they were leaving right after the show for Phoenix. It must be such an exhausting lifestyle! It was still great seeing her for a little while though. Our tickets were about 10 rows back, center stage! These are probably the best tickets we are ever going to have at a concert! I happen to really like John Mayer’s music, and after he performed at Virginia Tech, I will probably adore him forever. (We missed that concert to take James to OCS :( Hurray Navy…) The concert was amazing, as he is a true artist who is absolutely in love with what he does. And there is just something special about live music. Thanks Jessica! <3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John Mayer? I can say I have never heard one of his songs. I think he and Jessica Alba are the two individuals who have gotten more press for doing so little. Just remember, people save money all their lives to vacation where you live and work.

Anonymous said...

Okay....you've probably heard him! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPOBMzMTP4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wJ-VPqFzy0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0z86LmXBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAfxi_5jOaM&feature=user

Anonymous said...

I stand corrected. I have heard him. The first one is actually pretty good. The second one is a horrible cover of Tom Petty and I have never even gotten a sniff of the last two. If he made more like the first one, he wouldn't have to date Jessica Simpson or Jennifer Aniston.