Two Hokies and a Poodle

Friday, August 15, 2008

Country in Cali

Who would have thought that the first time James and I experienced Line Dancing was in California when we have lived in Texas and Virginia? But it is true…we had to move all the way to Southern California to get our groove on country style. Just a few minutes down the road from us is this awesome little country bar called “Incahoots” where they have free line dancing lessons and the country music plays all night. Some of Laura’s coworkers were hitting the floors on a Friday night, so we joined them for some line dancing fun. Though we didn’t have any boots or hats, we still hit the floor to learn. James and I were not so talented at the whole line dancing thing, but Laura was getting it and doing great! I was okay until we had to switch partners, and then I was dancing with some sweet old guy who had no rhythm whatsoever, and I quickly lost the beat. Since James played a low brass instrument that keeps the beat, he kept me on track. I think I didn’t feel quite as stupid when I messed up with him either. James danced with this adorable little woman who was really encouraging! So it was a lot of fun. Next time I’m going to have a little bit more confidence, and I’m going to spend more time on the dance floor and not at our table. One of Laura’s coworkers is from Virginia, and her friend is from the 757! It was awesome connecting with Virginian’s on the left coast. They were both Mary Washington grads, and we are excited to hang out with them some more. Ya’ll come an’ visit so we can go dancing’, ya hear?

No comments: