Two Hokies and a Poodle

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

All smiles now!

AJ’s first trip to the vet was a success! He didn’t bite anyone, didn’t growl at anyone, nothing. He was all love to everyone there, and I’m pretty sure he would have gone home with any of them. It’s probably because he wasn’t feeling good and they made him feel better. His problem…his anal glands needed excreting, which is really disgusting. He cried so loud when they did it, but he felt so much better afterwards. And it smells horribly! I had to change my clothes when I got home just from holding him. Apparently, that’s where they store their “scent” to mark their territory, and it was pretty rank. But AJ is feeling so much better, and he’s back to himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Now I don't have to worry about eating dinner. Now you know what AJ is doing when he drags his butt over the carpet or backs up to that lime green couch! Nope, I don't think AJ will be having anymore anal gland problems - but your furniture...........

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well :)