Two Hokies and a Poodle

Monday, July 21, 2008

It COULD have been worse?!?!

I guess it’s what you expect when you have the Navy move you. What makes me angry is that if it’s your job…you should do it well. If you’re a janitor…be proud and clean that toilet well! If you’re a teacher…be proud and teach your students well! If you’re a packer…be proud and pack boxes well! It isn’t that hard…James and I have moved ourselves three times with very few difficulties and broken items. In fact, on our move from Texas to Virginia, only one glass broke. Just one! But…apparently getting paid to pack peoples stuff means that you can suck at it because it isn’t your stuff. Movers on both sides of the coast gave us quite the attitudes. Well…let me tell you how excited their bosses are going to be when our claim comes through. Let’s hit the big ones…our TV didn’t show up. Half of our bed didn’t show up and they broke the rest of it (oh yeah…a family heirloom). One of our brand new dining room chairs didn’t show up. They broke our new living room chair. An adorable clear coffee table didn’t make it. A few boxes, etc. That’s the stuff that didn’t show up. Boxes were ripped apart, shredded, crushed, pretty much pulverized. A ton of stuff is broken…I don’t even know where to begin on that one. It’s been fairly entertaining opening boxes labeled clothes to find kitchen stuff, or boxes labeled clothes to find books. I don’t think I’ve opened one box that was labeled correctly or packed well. I take that back…one of the boxes that we packed from Blacksburg with our glasses was labeled and packed well. Oh…wait…we did that ourselves! So…the moral of the story is that we should never let the Navy move our stuff again, and when they do, we are paying for it ourselves and getting reimbursed. Because really… this has been unacceptable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should also include these pictures in the claim!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this did not go well! Hopefully some of it will show up!

Brent and Abigail said...

this still amazes me! i can't believe people did this to someone's stuff.

Anonymous said...

call me some time and I'll tell you about my move from N.J. to Germany!!! eeeek! love aunt sandy