Two Hokies and a Poodle

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

William & Mary Tailgate Awesomeness

My dad is finally back from Iraq, so my parents came to visit me in the Burg for a football game. James’ parents were kind enough to give me their tickets so that we could enjoy a weekend at a game. We spent the morning tailgating with very dear friends whom I hadn’t seen in forever. Tailgating is a fairly new experience for us, as we were all in band for four years. So, unless we were traveling to an away game, we didn't get to tailgate. We have now discovered how AWESOME gameday is without morning practice!! We've also realized how hard it is seeing people after you graduate! Laura, Stacey, and Megan had quite a grill going by the time we got there, so we had some awesome hotdogs and hamburgers. Blacksburg pretty much sells out of hotdogs on football weekends, so we had some slim pickings at the store, but we were at least able to get some! The William & Mary game was…well…it was William & Mary. Why were we playing a division AA school again? But, the game was fun nonetheless. It is always a great experience to be in Lane Stadium, no matter what game it is. I sat with one of my co-workers, and we had a great time! We were sitting only a few rows in front of my parents, but we didn’t find them until the very end of the game. We were both looking for each other in the wrong directions! My mom, dad, and Lizzie stayed the whole weekend and slept on the air mattress while I slept on the bed. (I’m still not sure how I pulled that off!) Lizzie and AJ are really cute together, but she didn’t feel like dealing with him this weekend, so she became territorial and claimed the kitchen as her own. It was too cute.

No comments: