Two Hokies and a Poodle

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pumpkin Lovin!


My favorite thing about October is pumpkins! I’ve always loved pumpkins, and for as long as I can remember, they have been a part of my Octobers. As a little girl, I was a pumpkin for Halloween, we always went to an awesome pumpkin patch, we carved intense pumpkins every year, we roasted pumpkin seeds, and we lit our pumpkins up. I love them!! I don’t know what it is about them, but I love the shapes, the colors, and the flavors. Speaking of flavors…pumpkin ice-cream is out in stores! :-) In honor of the pumpkins, I went to my second favorite pumpkin patch ever with some awesome co-workers. My favorite one is in California, but this Southwest Virginian treasure is right up there at the top. It has been particularly dry year, and many of the pumpkins were covered with dust, leaving us disgusting by the time we got home. Tabatha and David’s adorable kids came with us, whom I adore, and we had a great time. We had fun watching Conner run around and jump on the tractors while Kayleigh called him crazy. A bluegrass band played in the background as we enjoyed hot cider and an awesome fall day in the mountains. Courtney, Justin, and I were meticulous about picking the perfect pumpkins from the rolling hills. Of course Courtney and I fell in love with the adorable tiny ones, and Justin was looking for a ‘real’ pumpkin. I picked out three tiny pumpkins and a cute gourd, which I am really excited about. I love pumpkins!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy those fall leaves and pumpkins!
Have you heard yet how James did on the big inspection? It must have been yesterday...his birthday!
Kathy in Florida