Two Hokies and a Poodle

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Hokie Fan For Life...even after BC!


It really shouldn’t surprise me after five years of watching Hokie football…I mean… we do this all the time. Our inconsistencies (other than always being inconsistent, always having a weak offense, and always loosing big games) are overwhelming, and the fans can only do so much. I have to remind myself that these are just young kids, some of them right out of high school, all of them are younger than me and James. That being said, I’m still super disappointed.
At the collegiate level, these young athletes should know that game, and know how to play it. They shouldn’t be confused all of the time (OFFENSE) and they should know when to expect an on-side kick, which we never do. How could you not expect that? I’m a girl…and I expected that!?! Sitting in the rain for three hours soaking wet was almost worth it…until the last two minutes of the game. Enter Sandman was blaring, the stadium was roaring, the rain had finally stopped, and then complete silence. Only two minutes left in the game and we lose it? How does that happen? Sarah and I were in disbelief, and we might have been agreeing with all of the curse words coming out of the mouths of everyone around us. As a fan, we put so much into the game, so much heart and soul, and energy and time. The most exciting part of the game was getting a picture taken with a Boston college guy with a crazy hat. The guy taking the picture cut off most of the hat, but you still get the picture of what the immensity of it looked like. And the hot cocoa…the hot cocoa was definitely a positive. For a few minutes on Thursday night, I saw us going to an awesome bowl game, being a top five team, and looking back on the season thinking, LSU was just a fluke. But minutes later, those dreams were gone, and I was laughing in disbelief as Boston College scored another touchdown. When is it our year?? We’ll just keep on hoping…I believe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't lose heart. We still have a chance to play in the ACCCG and go to the Orange Bowl. We will know more after tomorrow night.
Karen's boots were still wet on Sunday!

DadG

Anonymous said...

it's ok if the complete BC helmet/hat didn't come out - the sketchie other BC fan completes the awesomeness of this picture!