Two Hokies and a Poodle

Friday, May 30, 2008

GO WEST YOUNG MAN

"Go west young man, haven't you been told
California's full of whiskey, women and gold
Sleeping out all night beneath the desert stars
With a dream in my eye and a prayer...
In my heart"
Ever since I met Angela, she has always raved about how great the state of her birth is. We are just weeks away from heading to California, and we are getting excited. Other than finding a place to live and learning to navigate a new city, we have much to do here first. However, I am just glad to finally get to do some real work. Among the best aspects of being in the military is the ability to move often, between jobs and cities if you so choose. Getting paid to move across the country is awesome! We are planning to visit several national parks, including the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert, Montezuma’s Castle, and steakhouse in Amarillo, TX. Yes, we are traveling through Texas again, but this time we are hitting up the pan-handle. We are excited about our route as I have rarely been out west and I have never ventured as far as California.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a fault line running down the middle of that picture?
DadG

Anonymous said...

HAAHAA - I was getting to the comments to make the SAME comment.