Two Hokies and a Poodle

Monday, July 16, 2007

Basketfest 2007


Williamsburg is one of my favorite places to visit, and my mom and I spent an awesome weekend there touring and making Longaberger Baskets. Longaberger takes basket-making on tour a few times a year, and this was their first time ever coming to Williamsburg. It was awesome, because after we made our baskets, we were able to spend the entire day touring the Governor's Palace, and many other attractions. We didn't even have to wait in line to make our baskets, and we were able to make them right next to each other. Mom's weaver was pretty quiet, but mine wouldn't shut up! He made fun of the way I talked, and I was ready for him to stop talking soon after I began weaving. But, I will say he did a good job making sure my basket was tight. It's a really neat unstained color, with a blue edging and silver pineapples, and the lid says Williamsburg with a pineapple on it. It’s amazing how fast the basket-weavers can weave…it really is an art, despite all of the jokes about basket-weaving! And...now...me and my mom are both basket weavers!! :-)

No comments: