Two Hokies and a Poodle

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Parking Services Sucks!!

I go four years at Virginia Tech without getting a parking ticket...and wouldn't you think that the second day of classes I get one here. Was I parked somewhere I wasn't supposed to be?? NO! Was my sticker displayed wrong?? NO! Do they just ticket me because my license plate says HTPINK and I’m from Virginia?? I think so! So...what does my violation read? VIOLATION: Backed in space! WHAT?!?! You can't back into a space at Baylor University? First of all...I didn't back into any space...I'm not that good of a driver...I never even had to park in driver's ed....I PULLED THROUGH the space...which if you ask my opinion, is completely different. Secondly...there were no yellow lines separating the spot I pulled into from the spot I ended up in clearly indicating to me that it is not illegal to pull through. Might I add there were other cars in the same position as mine with no tickets on them. Thirdly...ticket reads: License: TX HTPINK....ummm.... excuse me...but I'm NOT from Texas...I'm from Virginia. So...if you want to give me a ticket...at least read my plate right...because clearly…a plate that says Virginia Tech on it....Go Hokies...AND says Virginia...isn't from Texas. So....I have to pay $20. I’m not even sure if it is worth the time to appeal it. But…$20 is a lot for a poor grad student who already had to pay $175 for the freaking pass to begin with. You should have seen me....I was SUPER mad. So...I tear the apartment apart looking for the rules they gave us when we bought our parking permit...and sure enough...rule number thirteen...Parking Backward in a space on Baylor property will result in a parking citation. Who makes that rule?????? Probably the same person who decided that all students should be considered the same when it comes to parking passes. Unlike Virginia Tech, who despite having a somewhat evil parking services staff, separates parking passes logically. Because residents live on campus, they do not need to park right outside of their dorm room, because students who commute to campus might need to park so they can actually go to class. Instead...approximately 3,000 students on campus get to park wherever they want to, because they all drive a Lexus, Mercedes, or BMW, and poor commuters just need to park far away, walk, and hope they make it to class. That being said....Graduate students who are teaching assistants are also just considered students. I'm sorry...but if you expect me to teach a class for you...for like....1/100th of the price you are paying a professor...you should at least let me park somewhere where I can make it to class on time. So...this is my current beef with Baylor...that and they've messed up every single piece of administrative paper work I've put in. How on earth does a school with some of the best scholars in the world run their school so poorly? If you ask me...that's a good way to stay out of the top 50 schools. But...no one is asking me...they are just giving me parking tickets.

3 comments:

Brent and Abigail said...

Theres no place like Virginia.... where the rules of the road actually make sense.....

we got a ticket for backing into a parking spot in WV when we first moved here too! only our ticket was $7.00 but they ticket if you're over the yellow line too!

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with Texas?

Anonymous said...

BWAAAAAAAAA
ROTFLMAO