Two Hokies and a Poodle

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Attack of the killer crickets??

Cockroach count: 7 (not bad since we've lived here for a whole month now!)
Crazy huge sick looking mutated cricket count: 6 (in one day!)

Okay...what is wrong with these crazy looking crickets that just decided to attack Waco? There were hundreds of them dead in the parking garage today...and we didn't begin to see them until last night...but they are EVERYWHERE! It's kind of freaky in the middle of the night to hear these creepy crickets just doing their thing outside of our windows. And then you turn the light on and see this huge thing jumping around and crawling on your stuff. I'm not a fan... To sum it up...I'm a little freaked out. But, they don't really try to get away from being killed...and they just kind of die when you hit them once with a flyswatter, so I think there is something wrong with them.
Yes...that is a picture of a TEXAS CHIP!! :-D Sweetness...they taste good too...

So...today in class we were discussing what was going on in the world with current events and the such, and I added that college football was starting tomorrow! Okay...I was really excited about this, but no one else seemed to think that it was very funny. :'( Where are all of the football fans at Baylor? To get over the fact that we are not in Blacksburg for this football season (which makes me super sad) James and I bought tickets to the Texas A & M game this weekend...so we will still get to see some awesome football...and hey...they wear maroon! :-D

My professor today (from UVA) was wearing a UVA tie...a bow tie…and it distracted me so much that I think I only heard half of the lecture. But...I was wearing my Tech flip-flops, so I felt somewhat accomplished in representing our school.

Academically speaking, James and I went to an awesome seminar today on REFworks...which is a program that basically does your bibliographies for you, and gives you a place to store all of your references. Wish I had that last semester, as it would have helped a lot! I'm one of those people who generally has to keep going and looking for references over and over again because I loose them...so I am pretty excited about this program! :-)

Major excitement right now though....FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

No comments: