Two Hokies and a Poodle

Monday, December 10, 2007

Congrats Ensigns!

On November 30th, I watched a group of OCS candidates graduate from OCS, including Ensign Walsh, a friend from college, and Ensign Becker, whose family has been very supportive for me and James throughout OCS. I had the pleasure of finally meeting both Becker’s family and Walsh’s family, and I am very happy for the opportunity!! (Thanks for all of your encouragement and support!!) During graduation, I also was able to “meet” some of the drill instructors, and they scare me just by being around them and taking their picture! I can’t imagine having them yelling at me for everything. These guys went through so much to get to where they are, and I am so proud of them! Although it seems like forever since they’ve been gone, the time has also gone by fairly fast in a weird way, as life just keeps trucking along. I am very happy to have been able to visit Rhode Island while James was gone, and we had a blast when I came up there for graduation. I will say that I miss some good ole southern hospitality when we are in New England, and I am always happy to return, though I would be happier if James were returning with me. But, only a few more weeks and James will be a commissioned officer! James and I were finally able to watch a football game together, and we watched the Hokies in a sweet win over Boston College. I got all Tech’d out while James stayed in his uniform, but it was still super exciting. YAY ACC 2007 CHAMPIONS!!! Orange Bowl here we come! We also visited the summer home of Cornelius Vanderbilt, the Breakers, an enormous mansion overlooking the cliffs of Newport. It was pretty, but none of the workers were nice, and I didn’t learn anything on the tour, as it was self guided, and they hardly gave you any information in the guide. I’m still glad we went though, as it was quite an incredible house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only a week and two days to go until James graduates! We know that you are excited and looking forward to it all. Change of command, the "Hi Mom's" reception, and the activities on Friday morning before graduation are really fun. Be sure not to miss the fun run and other demonstrations - you have to get up really early, and it will be very cold outside, but it is worth it! Take your camera and be ready for some memorable moments. We've enjoyed your site so much, and will continue to sign on so that we can follow along as James begins his career as a Naval officer.
Congrats to you both!