Two Hokies and a Poodle

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Visitors from the East!

It started freshman year in college. I was wearing some drum corps shorts and he was a tuba player who appreciated that. And no...I’m not talking about James! I’m talking about Mike (SAM), a friend we made 6 and a half years ago at band camp! (Craziness....I know!) Ever since I met Mike...I have been convincing him that San Diego is the most amazing place ever and that one day, I would move back. Funny how things work out! So when he called asking if he could come and visit, you can bet how excited I was. I couldn’t wait to show him where I was from, and was stoked when I actually picked him up at the airport. It was the perfect time for him to visit since I was still unemployed and James had a fairly flexible schedule. The first place I took him was to see the beautiful skyline that is San Diego, and then of course the tide pools, my favorite place here. It was great having someone to talk to about the old days (ha!) and about our futures. It’s amazing to me that we’ve been out of college for so long, and that so many of us are still trying to figure out what we want to do and where we want to go. And trust me...there’s no better place to talk about that than sitting on the cliffs listening to the waves crashing and then eating Mexican food! Mike flew in on Wednesday morning, and the next day was James birthday, so he was able to head out a bit early. So we hit up the zoo, balboa park, and ocean beach, all three incredible places. I think I bored the boys a bit with my obsession with these awesome globes that are on display, but other than that, it was a great time. Mike had to head out early Friday morning, as he’s a pilot and had to get back to his routes. I was sad to see him go, but excited that he came to visit. I told him to bring Elise next time! Can’t wait for him to come back!

No comments: