Two Hokies and a Poodle

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Quarter Century

Mike came just in time for my quarter of a century old birthday! I still had to go to work, but they didn't forget it was my birthday. I was greeted at work with a cake adorned with a “too old to count” candle in the shape of a headstone. While sometimes feeling old after sleeping for 8 hours in a work week, I am continually told I am quite young looking, with constant comments towards “does your mom know you are playing navy?” In any case, Mike, Laura and my wifey took me out to Hodads in Ocean Beach for greasy, awesome hamburgers and onion rings. Nothing like good old American food! The place is a little dive, with amazing food and drinks served in mason jars. The walls, as you can tell, are covered in license plates. We might donate one, since there is always a need for Virginia representing! We spotted an FSU plate, so now feel the need for there to be a VT one. After an awesome dinner, we got some fall flavored frozen yogurt at one of California’s THOUSANDS of yogurt shops. They are self-served, and you can mix any flavors you want and add any toppings...sort of like a do-it-yourself Cold Stone with yogurt. Since ice cream is full of fat and not good for beach bodies, despite many great dairy farms located nearby, yogurt is all the craze. We miss Blue Bell...one of our favorite things about Texas!

No comments: