Two Hokies and a Poodle

Thursday, September 20, 2007

James Update!

Hello all! I am very excited to tell you that I had the chance to talk to James for 20 minutes the other night!! It was such a blessing, and I definitely needed it! He called around midnight, and said he wasn't supposed to be talking to me, but I'm glad he broke some rules! :-) And, I could actually hear him this time. He said everything is hard, and this week has been harder than last week, as they are doing the intense physical work in addition to school work (Engineering). They have more free time now, but they have so much to do, and he said they never know when they are going to get interrupted, so it is hard to actually start anything. Which is frustrating for James, because he always likes to plan things out! He said they are exhausted and hungry, but they are finally allowed to get packages, but all they can get are power bars and beef jerky, so guess what I went and bought yesterday? I felt really awkward at Wal*Mart with a cart full of protein bars and jerky. He asked if I could send him a lot at once so he doesn’t have to continually open packages in front of his drill instructor. That is so sad! His class will not be guaranteed liberty until the 8th week, although they may get it sooner, so I am hoping to visit him at the end of October. He was interested in hearing all about the Glennon/Tyrod fiasco, and wanted to hear about Patreaus’ report, which I hadn’t read and knew nothing about. He says hi, and that he’s hanging in there! I miss him like crazy!! Keep writing! :-)

No comments: