Two Hokies and a Poodle

Monday, June 01, 2009

Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives

Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives is by far my favorite show on Food Network. Guy goes all across the country tasting delicious food, in the most unexpected places. Since becoming addicted to the show, James and I are making an effort to visit as many of these restaurants as we can, all over the country, where ever we find ourselves. (And for us…you never really know where that will be!) One of our favorite restaurants in San Diego was featured on the show, and we have been taking our visitors to enjoy the awesomeness that is Hodad’s in Ocean Beach. Hodad’s specializes in burgers, fries, and onion rings, as well as sunsets on the beach. The walls are covered with license plates, and we are thinking about donating James VTOpie plate to be added to the wall, as we now have California plates. Only a few miles from James in Mississippi is another place featured on the show called the Blow Fly Inn, where each meal comes complete with a plastic fly. They recently reopened after the hurricane, and I am sure the locals are thrilled. The red beans and rice were phenomenal, and I haven’t had shrimp that good since we moved from Texas! I have been craving them for months, and can’t wait to go and visit James again for some awesome Cajun cooking! The show maintains a list of these restaurants all over the country, so I definitely encourage you to check them out. I can assure you, you will be pleasantly surprised!

3 comments:

James said...

mmmmmmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

I love that show!!
Love, Mom B.

Brent and Abigail said...

Thats awesome. I watched The Food Network star the year he won it and loved him. The restaurants he goes to look delicious. Keep us posted on any others!