Two Hokies and a Poodle

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Missing the Seasons

While it has been chilly for San Diego temperatures (we’ve been hitting the 50s!), I have definitely been missing the snow. Christmas is just five days away, and its difficult getting into the season when you look out your window and the palm trees are still green and the pool is still open. It’s hard not being on the East Coast, where your hair freezes when you step outside, and the winter breeze chills to the bone. While I always complained about it, I now miss it terribly! I miss putting on amazingly cute winter coasts and scarves, and enjoying hot cocoa and fireplace fires. (Though we have had two fires this week!) Thankfully, we were able to enjoy a nice freezing day in Blacksburg, which made it feel as though winter actually exists and Christmas is actually on its way! I miss snow...like woah!

1 comment:

Brent and Abigail said...

its cold here today - i'll trade you weather