Two Hokies and a Poodle

Thursday, November 01, 2007

New England Fun!

I spent an entire weekend in Rhode Island and Connecticut, two beautiful areas in New England. I love it up there, and even though I was only able to see James for four hours, the entire trip was worth it! I spent lots of time with my brother who is in New London, CT at the Coast Guard Academy. I was supposed to go to their football game, but it was raining, so the band decided not to play, and I wasn’t going to sit through another football game in the rain! I did go to a high school band competition in the middle of nowhere, which was fun, since I had never seen The Windjammers perform. They were the last band to go, because they were exhibition, and they were really very cute. They only have 30 members!! The piccolo section in the Marching Virginians has 36! I thought it was really cute, but they were very good. We were in this little town called Nantucket, I think, and I can personally tell you that there are country people in CT! It was fun though! On the way back, we missed our exit, so we ended up driving an extra 45 minutes, but we made it. On Sunday, I got to visit Tony’s boat. For those of you who don’t know, my crazy brother bought a 26 foot sailboat, and it is stored in Newport, RI. It was actually really nice, and I am really excited about going out on it! I have to wait until the spring though, until the weather is good, and until he has a little bit more experience. :-) I don’t quite trust him yet. The boat is a lot bigger than I thought, and it is really nice. I spent some time posing on it while Tony actually did some work. :-)

No comments: