Two Hokies and a Poodle

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Town of Blacksburg Employee


To pay the rent for the past few months I have been working for the TOB, Public Works department. I somehow ended up on the horticulture crew and have been taking care of the hanging baskets downtown and planting flowers elsewhere in Town. Being a "local" for the summer made me realize that Blacksburg, without thousands of students, is really just a little mountain town, albeit very affluent for the region. While working on baskets people would stop to discuss the proper care of flowers, and if I would take care of their yard. Some people would stop their cars in the middle of traffic to yell out the window how much they loved the flowers! It was an interesting job, and can take away more knowledge on plant care. I brought some surplus flowers home and now have a large patio garden.

No comments: