Two Hokies and a Poodle

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Congrats Class of 2007!


Graduation this year was a special time, filled with both sadness and joy. Two of my dear friends, Cathy and Sarah James graduated, and I was so excited for them! I was so proud of them as they graduated, and kind of wished we had also been on a five year plan as well. Festivities began on Friday afternoon as I went to the donning of the Kente ceremony for graduating black students on campus, to watch one of our sweet coworkers receive her Kente cloth, and Stack’s family receive his. (A Kente cloth is an African type of fabric made of interwoven woven cloth strips and is native to the country of Ghana.) Graduation was so stress free this year! It is AMAZING what not doing finals, having surgery, and checking out rooms can do for a person! Ha! I still don’t know how we got through it, nor can I believe that it has been a whole year since we’ve graduated. This last year has been full of learning, adventures, and finding ourselves. It’s a weird transition going from being a college student to not, and I hope that all of the new graduates make the transition well. They large ceremony was very nice this year, with Steger receiving two standing ovations!! He has done a great job…although he still makes me laugh when I look at him. It’s just funny that he only comes up to my shoulder…and he looks so goofy! But…I love him!

No comments: