Two Hokies and a Poodle

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Greek and outside entertainment!

Although we spend most of our time working on our assistantships, reading super boring journal articles, writing, and studying, James and I always find time to have a little bit of fun. Friday afternoon, we traveled to the Czech town of West in West, Texas, with our history comrades. Yianni's, "The Best Little Greek Restaurant in Texas," was well worth the drive, but really, Baklava always tends to be worth the drive! I enjoyed moussakka, a meat, cheese, zucchini, and eggplant dish that was amazing, and James had a mixed plate of all sorts of things, which I ended up tasting all of them! :-) It's a cute little restaurant that on the inside reminds you more of a country cooking type of place than a Greek restaurant. A funny slogan: "Yianni's is Zeus' favorite & Aphrodite's true love!" It must be true since we traveled from Waco to West to enjoy the tastiness! After dinner, we ventured on over to Common Grounds, the only cute little coffee shop close to campus. It has so much personality and is always busy, it makes you wonder why no one else has opened another one. But then we remember that we are in Waco where things never make any sense, and do not follow the normal rules of life. Ann had friends from college on tour who were playing at Common Grounds, so we went to see them perform. I must say that they were awesome! :-) You should definitely check out Nathan Angelo and Micah Dalton. If you would like to hear their music, I'll burn you a copy of the CD! Ann, Marly, and I each bought a CD, and then we made copies for each other! :-D They were all so good it was hard to decide which ones to buy. But, I must say that Micah Dalton was my favorite, and I've been listening to his CD's all weekend! It was such an awesome setup for a concert, but once again, the Baylor crowd disappointed me. Here they had an awesome setting, and awesome musicians, yet they paid no attention, didn't get into the music, and were more concerned with taking pictures of themselves and holding their conversations than they were the music and atmosphere. I was sooo disappointed, and felt bad for Nathan and Micah! I mean, really, why would you pay to go to a concert you weren't going to enjoy? James and I really enjoyed it! It was so good to be around live music again!

No comments: